My earworms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My earworms

Post by MissBijou on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:44 am

Songs I've gotten stuck in my head lately. And the videos.

Taylor Swift's Blank Space. I... LOVE this song. It's so psycho, haha. And, the visuals are on some other level. It's like an angry fairy-tale gone off on a bender. I wish I could raid the closet that was supplied for this video. Everything is worth gawking at, but I highlighted what got my attention the most.

:08 seconds in. I'm in love with that nightie and the accessories. I want to wake up like that every morning.

:18 seconds in. That. Black. Dress. It needs to be in my closet like 5 minutes ago. My heart broke, in all seriousness.

:50 seconds in. I, I wasn't sure they made capes for men, anymore? Where do they even sell this? But, he looks daper AF, none-the-less.  

2:11 in time. My favorite line. "Cuz, darling, I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream." The screaming, the crying, the drama. I love it. She has some real crazy eyes going on in this video.

3:38 in time. And last but not least, that fur stole/shrug when she's violently attempting murder. Guess you gotta look chic at all times.
MissBijou
Respected Member
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My earworms

Post by Lestat on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:47 am

Good tune, and just listen to that bass line.

This video clip reminds me of a `Movie trailer`

Thank you for sharing this, Melanie.

[EVERY NOW AND THEN, I demand to be treated like the supernatural hero that I am.]
Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 am

Yes, it does come off as a movie trailer, hmm?

This is another song I've been listening to, nonstop. 1:48 in time, my favorite part of the song. I love how Lorde gave the song (a cover) such a darker feel.
MissBijou
Respected Member
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 am

I've been obsessed with this song for a while, now. And I had no idea Nick Jonas sang it. But, alas, I care not.

The video is meh/kinna silly. So just the audio this time.

MissBijou
Respected Member
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin-Elizabeth on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm

If you like a song or singer, who cares what anyone else thinks? The only one that should dictate what you like, is you, honey. Smile

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 am

Oh, I know that. But the Jonas brothers are so... Disney channel-ish. I never thought I'd actually be jamming out to anything any of them would put out. This song goes on BLAST in my car when my it comes on the radio.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:53 am

Been feelin' this song for a while, now. I like that 70's vibe it brings.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 am

In a Tokio Hotel mood today. Razz Yume, you saw all the pictures on my wall. You reminded me of how obsessed I used to be with this band.

The first video is in German, because that is the first video of theirs that I saw. The rest are in English.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:13 am

One of my all-time favorite songs ever. I kind of miss the 90's. (Music wise).

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:20 am

Last one of the night. My favorite song. And band. Ever.

While I love so many of their songs, this one takes the cake.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 pm

In the same vein as Tokyo Hotel, here is another band I was listening to at around the same time.

Cinema Bizarre. I was supposed to see them in concert before they broke up, but I got stuck at the airport due to snow. Goes without saying... I was sorely disappointed. XD

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestat on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 am

Nirvana is a good band, Melanie. I think this is my favorite

[EVERY NOW AND THEN, I demand to be treated like the supernatural hero that I am.]
Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:51 am

I am so happy that you like Nirvana. It really was the perfect band. One of my biggest regrets is that I never got to go to a concert. (As if my parents would have allowed it, I was far too young).

Nice song choice, btw.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:11 am

Ah, Melanie, you've finally posted it!!! (I was about to post some of eary Tokio Hotel too!!) Very Happy  Loved 'em when they were yound and sang in German (Rette Mich, the first one, was definitely perfect, as others from his album "Shrei", because Bill had so beautiful voice in his 16-17 years old...)
And - I don't know how is it possible but you really read my thoughts - I adore THE SAME songs that you've just posted there!!! (even we've never discussed other bands apart from Tokio Hotel before))))
"Creep" is all times my absolute fav' of Radiohead (love this band for so long as I remember myself like "conscious" rock-fan - think it begans at 12-13 years old));
Cinema Bizarre is my adorable German band also because they were superb both as in music as in their Visual Key style (so perfectly imitaiting japanese rockers)! Loved all of them (especially this video "Lovesongs (They kill me)" - when all these beautiful mannequins come to life it made me feel shivers)) If you know, they've all known each other thanks to meeting on German forum of fans of japanese Anime/Manga^^
And, of course, Nirvana!!! When I feel bad, happy, angry or don't matter in which state of mind, I'm listening them... It's difficult to choose my favorites... I think the most fav' are "Smells like Teen Spirit", "Rape me" and "Come as you are", but also many other their songs...
Listen, if you haven't still seen "Velvet Goldmine" with Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and  Ewan McGregor - I highly recommend you!! Ewan McGregor's character is almost 100% copy of Kurt Cobain, even sings in the same manner...)
Really, I'm beautifully surprised and pleased that our music tastes are so similar in a lot of aspects!! I love you

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 am

Rette Mich was absolutely a beautiful song, yes. I believe that I was able to view the video in German thanks to MTV Russia. It's one of those hauntingly beautiful melodies.

Also, Monsoon... ugh! When they get to the lyrics "When I lose myself, I think of you". I've actually considered tattooing that onto my body somewhere. It sounds so poetic and tragic at the same time. XD Oh, how I wish I could love someone like that!

How strange that we like all the same songs, haha.

As for Radiohead... I think I truly discovered rock around the same age as you did. Before that, it was more 80's glam rock. (Not complaining, but Bon Jovi just doesn't have that hard rock feel). My older sisters were much older than I, and they had a huge influence in my musical tastes. My eldest used to help me memorize Def Leppard lyrics at a very young age. One of my earliest memories, really. "Love Bites" is probably the first song I ever memorized, haha. But, then around 12... I discovered Nirvana and Metallica and the less "pop" sounds.

I'm so happy you enjoy Cinema Bizarre, too! I didn't know you liked them, but it makes sense that you would. Strify's style and way of presenting himself reminds me a little of Lestat.

Yes, Nirvana has so many great songs, it's hard to pick one.

Never seen that movie. Guess I'll have to.

I actually wasn't expecting you to like the same music as me, either. What a nice surprise. >^^<

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:30 am

Oh yes, MTV Russia made a lot of rotations of Tokio Hotel's songs, but I discovered their music and clips thanks to my friends from anime/manga/j-rock community^^ (so it isn't strange at all that we both love j-rock, visual key and such kind of european groups like cinema Bizarre et TH))) I adore absolmutely ALL songs from TH's album "Shrei" - Rette Mich, Durch den Monsum, Ich bin nicht ich, Freunde bleiben etc. - I even wanted to make my covers in German for all these songs)))) *and I still want to do it, but I need to find vocal minus versions)*

Actually, I discovered rock music even earlier than 12-13 - when I was may be 5-6 years old, I had two guys-neighbors (one lived on the appartment at the same stock that our, and another one lived on the next stock), they were both 15-16 years old and all the time they listened a lot of all kinds of russian and european rock...)) But as I was too young to understand english rock songs, I loved just their melodies and didn't knew who sang them, but for russian rock I understood all and of course fell in love with almost all that I heard, so I can be proud by my becoming of "rocker" from exactly 5-6 years old Very Happy
Later I found the names of foreign rock groups that I heard from my neighbors and so thanks to them I fell in love with Guns'n Roses, Nirvana, Metallica, Sex Pistols, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode (it's not exactly rock but hard enouth)), Queen and Freddy Mercury etc.))
As for Glam rock - this kind of rock I discovered at 12-13 years old and my favorites were songs of David Bowie, Mark Bolan and his band T-Rex, Bryan Ferry, Lou Reed, Roxy Music etc.)), so their prototype of future "Visual Key" was very attractive for me^^ As for Bon Jovi - really I don't know to which style his music belongs (it's obviously not hard rock, neither glam... May be mostly pop-rock, and I loved some of his songs but was nether hard fan of him)))
Yes, it's cute that we discovered our similarities in music tastes, so I'd like to recommend you a lot of groups and films about music that you possibly will find interesting Wink
About Velvet Goldmine - yesss, find it - hope you won't be disappointed Wink

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Ahh, you really infected me by TH again - yesterday I passed almost two hours searching their lyrics and interesting videos (such nostalgia!!)))))
Do you remember this Bill's outfit from his "Humanoid" tour? Love it vey much - at that time he was so young and androginous, even a lil'bit Glam... Perfect mix of gothic/emo/rock/glam etc... May be you also know that Karl Lagerfeld chose Bill to take part in a photo shoot for the 30th birthday of Vogue in Germany in September 2009. Lagerfeld described him as "The Other Idea of a German" and wrote that the 20-year-old singer with the unusual styling became a superstar and a fashion icon Smile

It's really pity that now they're all grew older and changed not in better way... Especially Bill's image and voice now is so... disappointing to me... (I prefer remember him young and beautiful as he was at his 15-20...))

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 am

Yes! I remember the crazy outfits from that tour, haha!

I didn't know Karl Lagerfield chose Bill to model for him? I remember hearing that Bill expressed interest in the fashion world.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes, he chose him))) here one of the videos when Bill opened fashion show in Milan (crazy and stunning outfit also!))) Smile

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:07 am

Oh, but that was a nice outfit. I love that Bill was never afraid to experiment with his look.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 am

Very Happy

Cold blooded people scare me!
Victor
Respected Member
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 am

My favorite of the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog songs.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 am

My favorite Incubus song. And I'll even admit to my Brandon Boyd crush.

Love this one, too.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum