Hello everybody!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello everybody!

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm glad to be brought here by my dear friend MissBijou (Melanie), and I've read all your magnificent introductions here. After all these beautifull posts it's not so easy to write something original, especially for me being (as author DarkPassions very well told earlier) not really "introduce yourself" type of person. But I'll try to do my best to present myself so you'll see my hobbies and  interests (hope we'll find much in common))

My name is Ekaterina, you can spell it like Catherine, Kate, Katya etc., my nick-name which I usually use - Yume.
Currently I live in France and my real job is too far from all my hobbies - I'm research scientist and surgeon, and even inspite of my classical scientific and medical education it doesn't bother me to be spiritual and inspiring person, to love Art and Beauty in all their appearances...

Firstly I discovered "Interview with the Vampire" almost ten years ago and since that time I was fan of Anne Rice's books (read all Vampire Chronicles and some her other novels). Actually, I've already read some books about vampires before this discovery and was quite familiar with this genre (mostly classical things like "Dracula" of Bram Stoker and "Vampires" of Baron Olshevri), but it was Rice who changed my vision of vampires in the most inspiring way  Smile
So all the time as I loved histories about vampires, I love also all which concerns genre of Mystics and used to consider myself as goth). I also love Sci-Fi, historical novels, classical and modern literature, and so-called art-house and all which concerns the history of different religions and cults.

I alaways was an avid reader but because of my current studies and work I don't have enougth time to read ALL which I'd like to, so not so much time for all my other hobbies... As for others - I'm partly professional/mostly amateur painter (it's been so long when I studied painting at the Art School as a child), so when I have time I love to draw pictures of all subjects that inspired me and also portraits of my friends and interesting persons who'd like to have a portrait from me ^^.

My other hobby - Japanese culture (music, art, liteerature, street fashion etc.), so thanks to this hobby I became cosplayer and karaoke singer. I love to create costumes (when I have enougth time and inspiration for this). I studied music and classical singing (I played piano and have mezzo-soprano) and in the past wanted to gather our own rock-band))) Actually, me and my friends had our "cosband" and used to perform our small shows on some kind of cosplay and karaoke festivals.

And about my musical tastes - they're varying from classics to all kinds of rock (gothic, glam, J-rock etc.) and electro (EBM, TBM, Industrial, Rave, Trance, House etc.)

I've used to speak several different languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Russian...), so sometimes they're mixed hardly in my head))) so I'm apologise for possible mistakes^^

I'll try to post one of my photos here, and for all who'll be interested to see my other works - welcome to my FB page (adress is indicated in my profile)

Last edited by Lestat on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to write my name)

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Greetings, Yume and Welcome.

You have many interesting hobbies and areas of studies!

I, too, am an artist - I have been using watercolor and pencil more often than not lately.
I also like many things dealing with Japanese culture!

I look forward to conversing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks, Nia!!! Nice to meet you!) for me watercolor and pencil were always my favorites, I loved them more than classical oil paintings, gouache and other methods which we studied. Now it's rather pencil and colored pens or felt-tip pens (if I intend to draw something))...
Which aspects of Japanese culture do you love?)

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome, Yume. That is quite an impressive introduction. I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Forgive me if I have a lingering respect for mortal life.
Louis
De Pointe du Lac
De Pointe du Lac

View user profile http://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestat on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Thank you for taking the time to register, Yume. May your stay with us, be a pleasurable one.

[EVERY NOW AND THEN, I demand to be treated like the supernatural hero that I am.]
Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Thank you very much, dear Louis and Lestat!
Yes, I'd like to stay with you here and hope we'll become friends (the reason why I'm here), and your forum is very nice one! Smile
Hope I'll be quite interesting collocutor (I'm just mortal and not so wise as even the youngest vampires, but I'm constantly learning)^^

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:10 pm

And sometimes I can be serious, sometimes on the contrary - teasing (because I'm not against if somebody tries to tease me))) so, hope for your understanding Smile

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:29 pm

I alternate between felt tip pens, colored/watercolor pencils if I am not actually painting. Though, I do like to play with Photoshop as well. I should perhaps link the online galleries I have at some point. -chuckles-

I was in my early teens when I saw my first true anime, apart from watching Thundercats and Voltron. Akira had me interested within the first five minutes. I became an avid watcher of Sailor Moon (which I am now watching the reboot with Sailor Moon Crystal). I've only recently begun listening to more of the music and exploring the fashion (though not with my own style, just as an observer of how it varies). I have always loved the Japanese myths and legends and have been reading on the Kitsune and Nogitsune myths due to a show I watch (MTV's Teen Wolf had half a season dedicated to the Kitsune/Nogitsune and I found it fascinating). Japan is one of the many places I wish to visit.

Now, if only I knew more than just a few words in a few different languages... I am hardly fluent in the ones I learned while at school and would probably not even be able to carry a conversation without a translator. I may need to remedy that. -laughs-

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Yesss, Nia, me too - I was anime fan from 8 years old (but it was Captain Harlock and Queen Emmeraldas, Robotech-Macross and other Scic-Fi operas which fascinated me firstly))) and just later it was sailor Moon - I've a friend which is absolutely adores this anime and showed reboot version which is surely better than old one).

Myths and legends are fascinating too - I love story about Onmyoji and saw films about him and Hiromasa, Emperor's Noble), and I'm dreaming to find and finally read Murasaki sikibu's famous "Gendji Ojii-sama no Monogatari" - "Poem of Prince Genji"... But currently available just modern Japanese prose (Murakami Ruy and Haruki, Yukio Misima etc.) and I like a lot Chinese "Journey to the West" (tales about Monkey King Sun Ukun and famous Monk Sju An Zan - this ancient novel was cinematografically adapted a lot of times, one of my favorites - anime Genso Maden Sajyuki)).

What about languages - it's normal to forget if you don't have enough practise... As I stopped to learn Japanese I began gradually forget it 5especially kandjis), so it's really hard enough to retain it all in the head...)

Oh, sorry - I've an impression that me and Nia are only two here who are fans of Japanese culture - I'm afraid Lestat and Louis are already annoyed to see our convesation about this subject on the forum...

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin-Elizabeth on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:13 pm

And I believe that you are mistaken in thinking that you and Nia are the only two on the board with an interest in Japanese culture. Smile I won't claim to be an expert, but I know what I like. Whether it is anime (Sailor Moon was my first), art, style, lore, etc.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, dear! Glad to have you, and I'm always glad to meet a fellow cosplayer! Though I imagine that you are far more accomplished at it, than I am! I'm still relatively new at it. Most costuming I've done was for the purpose of performance; I've only just started actually building costumes, within the past couple of years.

Again, welcome to our little corner of the internet. Enjoy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks, Erin!!! Oh, now we're free!!! (it's almost an army! Laughing )
Even if I love anime and manga relatively long, I'm not expert at all (it's hardly imaginable to "expert" in such kind of subject - IMHO there are only mangakas, anime directors/painters and japanese novelists who are real experts in it)))
Thanks for your kind words about my costumes - but really it has been too long when I made "real" cosplays - all last years it were mostly "originals" inspired by movies, clips and some my favorite Jazpanese musicians...) And I wanted to admit - your costume of Black Widow is gorgeous!! And it doesn't really matter how many years you make your costumes - it depends on your inspiration and motivation, so you're great in this and I wish you to continue!! *may be we'll meet someday in the future and make some kind of cosplay collaboration^^)
Thanks again for greeting! I love you

Last edited by Yume on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Yay! You made it! <3 On my phone, so it is awkward typing.

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin-Elizabeth on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Oh now you have me blushing!

I'll go out on a geeky limb, here, and say that -in comparison to one of my best friends- I am just a cosplay padawan. The Black Widow costume belonged to said friend; she'd dressed me up for the day. ^_^ If you happen to have facebook, you can find her public page on there. Chelphie Cosplay is the name. Mine is linked below the photo, in my intro, but there isn't anything interesting there.

Also, original costumes are no less awe-inspiring! Oft times, they are more so! So don't sell yourself short, dear. <3 What sorts of things do you cosplay the most? I might have to ask you for some pointers. ^.^

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:10 pm

I used to cosplay Mana from Malice Mizer (very-very long ago)), Tokyo Decadanse inspired cosplay (mixed SiSen and Velvet costumes), some kinds of lolita and some variations of geisha style... (not so much really).
I like all kinds of gothic/lolita/gothic aristocrate cosplays, cyberpunk and stympunk, and bodyart (but still never tried), j-rock cosplay and of course a lot of favorite anime and manga which i'd like to make...
There a lot of plans (for our Parisian Japan Expo festival for ex or for Louisiana Lestat's coronation ball may be in the future), so I'm looking forward to team with you and your friends!^^

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin-Elizabeth on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Ohhhh Mana is beautiful! I haven't brushed up on my Malice Mizer, in years, though.

If you ever attend any of the cons, in Texas, I'm sure that you'll run into Chelphie. Smile Me, I am not presently able to attend many conventions, though she and I try to get together at least once a year. We'll see what happens!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum