Dejavu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dejavu

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:49 pm

I have the feeling I've done this before. Although I don't know that I have. Odd thing really. Hello. Athena is my spiritual name. I recognize a few avatars. Ok I recognize one avatar.

Did you miss me? ( Thought I would ask in case someone did)

Lets see an introduction. I like to take pictures, travel ( Mostly to New Orleans), I read tarot sometimes I've dozens of decks now and of course I am a fan of Lestat.

Not sure what else to tell you. Ask me questions if you're curious I will do my best to answer.

Athena

Back to top Go down

Re: Dejavu

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:35 am

Welcome to the forum, Athena. We do hope you enjoy your stay.

I don't believe I have met you, so cannot say if I have missed you or not, though I cannot speak for anyone else either.

Tarot is fun. As is taking pictures and traveling.

Do you go to school? Or are you just a working stiff like most of us here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:41 am

Thank-you and nice to meet you. I'm just a working stiff, I work in a contact/call center.

Smile

Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:43 am

Hello Athena! Nice to see new person here on the forum - I think I've never met you before but I'll be glad to know you better!

Me too I like tarot, but can't read them by myself. I have a friend who reads them for me (when I'm curious about some future events).

Just a couple of questions: where do you live (country, and if it's big like USA from which part of it), and (except Lestat) who are your favorite vampires (may be not only from Anne Rice's books)?

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi Yume Smile nice to meet you too.

I live In Canada, Atlantic coast part. Other favorite vamps hmm let me see...

Marius is one.

Gabrielle is another.

When I was 5 it was Dracula, specifically Frank Langella as Dracula. He got me hooked on vampires. I still obsess over dracula actually. Ever read the Historian? Amazing book. It's one of my favorite.

I love Anita Blake books too-Jean Claude is sexy.

Also I love Eric Northman from True Blood.

Klaus from the Originals

Damon from Vampire Diaries.

Rebecca from the Originals

Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks for answer, Athena! I'm dreaming to visit Atlantic coast of Canada (especially Quebec as French-speaking part of your country)...
As for my favorites - the same for Marius, and - how happy I was when discovered that not only me love Gabrielle!! Most part of readers, even Anne Rice by herself, hate her by inexplicable (in my opinion) reasons (I always found her gorgeous and Was never agree with her description as cruel, heartless creature)...
As for Dracula - yes, he's undoubtedly one of the most charismatic vampires of all times (can't tell that he's my fav', but surely very attractive one).
Unfortunately I didn't see the most of recent vampire TV series so don't know modern vampire heroes, but from all that I've whatched/read - love Kyle Schmid as Henry Fitzroy (main vampire character in "Blood ties" series) and yes, Jean Claude from Anita Blake series is perfect!
Also I like Alucard from video games "Castelvania", Kaname from japanese manga series "Vampire Knight" (author - Hino Matsuri), and Michel from korean manhwa "Model" (author Lee Soyeon).

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:27 am

Ah Quebec, beautiful province. I was in Montreal Quebec July of 2014. I love Montreal, It looks alot like a minature France. They have an almost exact replica of Notre Dame Cathedral called Notre dame in Montreal. It's a beautiful church. I mostly hung around the old port area of Montreal which is stunning. Old stone buildings on old cobblestone streets. It was beautiful. I heard Quebec City is nice too, but I've never been. I live in the province below Quebec.

I never understood why Anne could not relate to Gabrielle. Anne always said Gabrielle was a hard character for her to get into. I often wish she would write Gabrielle's story. I always liked her and admired her strength.

I've heard of vampire knight. I've yet to really watch any of it, but it's on my list. Also heard of Alacard anime too. It's hard to get time to watch all these things. I mean between Supernatural, Dr Who and Sherlock..Then the vampire diaries and the Originals..I like binge watching series online.

Another show I liked was Forever Knight, That one was Canadian set in Toronto Ontario. All about this cop who is a vampire. A crime solving vampire in Canada. It was quite funny at times. It got cancelled though Sad

I've a whole book shelf full of vampire books. I even have a few tarot decks that are vampire themed. I also got to see the Vampire Lestat Musical in NY before it closed. That was amazing. I really enjoyed that musical.

Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:41 am

Oh, how lovely - I've never known that they have a replica of Parisian Notre Dame in Montreal! My French colleagues who were in Montreal also advised me to visit this city and Quebec in general, so it's in my list of travels Smile
Me too I'd like to read Gabrielle's book, but I doubt tha Anne will ever write it as far as she doesn't like this character...
About anime/manga series - I saw a lot of it just because this genre was always my fav' (so if I had to choose between "normal" series with live action and anime/manga series, being big fan of Japanese/Asiatic culture I always chose anime/manga to watch/read at first))) about Alucard anime (as you called it) - this anime's actual name is "Hellsing" - I saw it years ago and it's quite funny but not the one of my favorite ones (too much cynic scenes and not necessary violence, and the main vampire hero Alucard is surely charismatic one but isn't so tragically attractive as Alucard from Castelvania video games... The same name but they are two absolutely different stories and characters).
If you like vampire anime/manga series - I highly recommend you to see "Vampite hunter D" (two Japanese movies - old one from 80ies and more recent one - "Vampire hunter D - Bloodlust" of 2000ies, directed by Yoshitaki Kawajiri - famous anime director and this movie is really very well-known beyond Japan). It's about half-human half-vampire superhero who travels and helps people in their fight with cruel and greedy vampire "aristocrats" who rule the world in the remote future. And also look for anime series "Nightwalket" - it's just 12 episodes about very attractive and charismatic vampire detective Shido (sometimes he really reminded me Lestat) who also solves crimes made by other vampires, demons and other monsters.
Can advise you short anime series "Legend of Dio" (two main vampire characters really look and remind Lestat and Armand)).
About hole book shelf full of vampire books - I had exactly the same one before my move to France (I even didn't finish all of them (now I have even more of them but in the format of e-books, just not enough time to read all of them)...
About Vampire Lestat musical - yesss, I've managed to see both versions (San-Francisco full version and NY shorter one) - I occasionally found them (unfortunately in very bad quality) in one of servers thanks to somebody who was so kind to film it and to post it in the net (for all those like me who longed to see the musical but because of different reasons couldn't go to the USA in that period and whatch them alive). And I adore this musical too - it's really enormous loss that authors didn't provide us by official DVD (just soundtrack, but not video...(((

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestat on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:10 am

Hmm, it seems as I have been here before and said words to this effect.

Welcome to the place "we" call home, Athena.
I do hope you enjoy your stay.

It`s not like you can simply browse the internet and stumble through our front door... is it?

I have a question, if I may: What brought you to this place, hm?

Is it really that easy, you know, to look up Lestat and be here in a matter of a few clicks?

[EVERY NOW AND THEN, I demand to be treated like the supernatural hero that I am.]
Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:28 am

Lestat wrote:Hmm, it seems as I have been here before and said words to this effect.

Welcome to the place "we" call home, Athena.
I do hope you enjoy your stay.

It`s not like you can simply browse the internet and stumble through our front door... is it?

I have a question, if I may: What brought you to this place, hm?

Is it really that easy, you know, to look up Lestat and be here in a matter of a few clicks?

Thank-you Lestat Smile

Yes actually that is how I found this place, a google search.

I had a facebook once under the name of Desdemona, but due to facebook getting all strict about names I lost access to it. I refuse to put my real name on public type online stuff.

I do enjoy this new place of yours. It's lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestat on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:38 am

Mon Dieu, so it is you. I thought I recognized your ip address.
The exact moment I read your words of "taking pictures" and the places you had been.

As you may have noticed, this place is not as grand or as busy as my previous website... But saying that, gone are the idiots and childish imps that plagued that old forum.

Welcome Desdemona. (I did wonder what had happened to you.)

[EVERY NOW AND THEN, I demand to be treated like the supernatural hero that I am.]
Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:55 am

Smile yep it's me. I decided on using Athena for my SN it was an SN I used in the past online years ago.

I have changed address a few times since I disappeared off Facebook. Same city though. Changed Jobs too actually.

Yes, this place seems more low key, but it's nice and peaceful, no drama lamas. I enjoy it. Everyone is so nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestat on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:06 am

I`m happy you approve.

I have not heard from Eliza or Duchess, nor do I wish to. I was only mentioning the fact. Oh, Eliza stared at the mozaic floor in the ballroom, when I last saw her. She mumbled her words and would Not look me in the eyes and Duchess, well what can be said about this "girl"? We have not spoken for over five years... Hmm perhaps that`s why it`s "Drama-lama" free. >>insert wicked grin<<

Lestat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:20 am

Greetings and salutations, Athena. It is good to have you here.

Forgive me if I have a lingering respect for mortal life.
Louis
De Pointe du Lac
De Pointe du Lac

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBijou on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:35 am

Hello and nice to meet you, Athena! I'm Melanie. I hope to see you around the board. Smile

Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum