Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Amusement

Go down

Work Amusement Empty Work Amusement

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:02 am

So, not many people have gotten to know this yet, but I have acquired myself a third job. Yes, a third job. I suppose it is really a fourth, considering I also help my mother when she is not feeling well. Which happens to be more often than not. So, yes, I have three jobs now and I rather like them all, but the most recent, I love.

To preface, I have been wearing a particular necklace for a year now and for the first month, no one noticed it was there. It was a lovely gift, from a lovely person and I have worn it ever since I opened the packaged it had arrived in. Now, I had received this package last February, but had not opened it until I could do so while speaking with the person who sent it to me. That occurred in March of last year, over a Skype call. It has only been removed three times and that was during the first month of wearing it. Once due to it being tangled in another necklace I was wearing and the other two times, the necklace had come off on its own. I am still not sure how those other two occurrences happened and probably will never find out. Since then, I have not removed it, for I made a promise that I would not, so unfortunately I cannot show you what this beautiful piece looks like in all its glory. However, I can tell you that it is a sterling silver Eye of Horus protection pendant that is on a sterling silver rope chain.

Now, for those who do not know me very well, as I tend to be a fairly private individual, I have a great affinity for anything dealing with Egyptian culture, New Orleans, Greece and Paris. I have always wanted to go to New Orleans and will hopefully do so within the next year or two. I have already been to Paris, though not as an adult. Egypt and Greece may take some time to get to, but I still plan to go eventually. I have always found myself drawn to anything Egyptian, so much so that I have had a reminder permanently etched into my skin long after it had been etched upon my soul. I wish I had a picture of this in color - I honestly thought I did - but I suppose we will all just have to suffice with the black and white version for now.

Work Amusement Sg6QsUB

Back to the subject at hand, however. I was at my most recent job, working the till, when a customer made a comment asking if I was Egyptian. Now, I have never been mistaken for Egyptian before, but have been asked if I was Puerto Rican, Mexican, Indian, Native American, Greek, etcetera. I have also been asked what my nationality is on more than one occasion at various events and jobs. Anyway, I replied that I was not and asked her why she thought I might have been. She responded that besides the way I look, she had happened to notice the necklace I had been wearing. This has happened a number of times over the last year, which amuses me and also makes me wonder if due to my ethnic background I could pass for Egyptian with ease if I ever visited the country. I honestly sometimes forget that I am wearing this necklace at times, and only realize when I turn the chain to fix the clasp, fiddle with the pendant when I am thinking, or feel it land against my collarbone after I have stood up from leaning over. It's a rather heavy piece and one would think that the weight would be a constant reminder, but I hardly notice it.

Anyway, that is my amusement, being mistaken for something that I am not due to jewelry and genetics. Having to explain my ethnicity, however, becomes rather drawn out, since I am a melting pot of different cultures in and of myself. I constantly joke that I could represent a small portion of the United Nations due to it.

Back to top Go down

Work Amusement Empty Re: Work Amusement

Post by Erin-Elizabeth Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Fun times! Though why am I only just now finding out that my Nia has a tattoo? That's awesome. ^_^ And gooooorgeous picture of you, lovey. <3
Erin-Elizabeth
Erin-Elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:41 pm

I have two tattoos, actually. The other is a pentagram on my inner left ankle. I plan to get a few more, once I figure out just what I want.

Yes, fun times! I actually enjoy my newest job quite a lot. I cannot wait until I am in the full swing of it. I still work far too much, but at least I am having fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum