Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and Salutations.

3 posters

Go down

Greetings and Salutations.  Empty Greetings and Salutations.

Post by Marius De Romanus Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello. I am Marius De Romanus.

Marius de Romanus (short Bio)

Birthdate ~ Massilia 30 BCE
Place of birth ~ Massilia
Transfiguration Date ~ Massilia 10 ADE
Maker ~ Teskhamen the God of the Grove and founder of the Talamasca
Fledglings ~ Pandora, Armand, Bianca Solderini, Sybelle, Benji and Viktor. (Sorry, Victor)
Paramours ~ Pandora, Bianca Solderini, Armand  
Species ~ Vampire
Status ~ Alive

Alright. Let me elaborate, for those of you who have not heard my name or met me in person. I am a vampire as well as a Child of the Millennia, being over 2,000 years old.

I have white blond hair that comes down to my shoulders and breaks into small, lustrous curls with iridescent blue eyes lashed with gold. I am quite tall and splendid to look at. Most of the time I have been seen wearing rich, red velvet coats.

I am an exceptionally sagacious, wise and optimistic vampire. I am one of the oldest known to still survive, a true Child of the Millennia. I have a great passion for the arts, I am a master painter and great scholar. I love to read and to write. My interests include all manner of intellectual and artistic pursuits.

Back in my early. life I was a citizen of the Roman Gallic city of Massilia, born in 30 B.C. I was the illegitimate child of a Keltic woman from the land of Gaul and a wealthy Roman.

I was a scholar and chronicler by the age of twenty, traveling quite a lot and visiting all the great European cities. During this time when I was twenty-five, I met a young ten year old girl by the name of Lydia whom I wished to marry, but was denied by her father due to her young age.

At the age of forty, I was abducted by Druids to become the replacement for their dying God of the Grove. Mael, a Druid Priest, educated and prepared me to be their perfect God. During the night of the great Feast of Samhain, I was taken to an oak grove where the God of the Grove who is badly burnt when Akasha and Enkil were put into the sun, taught me lessons of the vampires. He urged me to escape the Druids and go to Egypt to find the answer as to why vampires were burnt or destroyed the world over. The God of the Grove (whose name is revealed to be Teshkamen in Prince Lestat) makes me a vampire, exchanging blood with me several times to ensure his strength.

I escaped the Druids, and later found Akasha and Enkil in their inanimate state. I removed them from their keeper's clutches with Akasha's urging and consent, taking them to Antioch. There, I found my love, Lydia, now known as Pandora, and made her into a vampire when her life was threatened. Pandora enchanted and dazzled me and we lived together for 200 years in Antioch, bringing flowers and singing hymns to Enkil and Akasha. Over the years, Pandora and I frequently quarreled which finally lead us to separate.

Much later, I moved from Antioch and became enamored of the famous painter, Boticelli. I was most tempted to give him the Dark Gift but my logic won over. During this time, I opened my home to the public and paints the walls of his house. Much to my surprise, I came across Mael, who is now a vampire, and Mael's maker, Avicus. I felt much hatred towards Mael, for it was Mael's doings that I, myself was now a vampire. I befriended Avicus, and we three live together in the same area without disturbing one another, until Mael discovered and demanded to see Akasha and Enkil. At one point, my home was destroyed. I visited to the temple of Akasha and Enkil and fell into a deep sleep for many, many years, with Mael and Avicus watching over me. I finally awoke due to Akasha's telepathic urgings once again, and I left with Mael and Avicus elsewhere. The hostility between Mael and I seemed to have dispersed. We lived together for an amount of years when we finally parted ways; I was believing it safer and wiser if I was left alone with the knowledge of Those Who Must Be Kept's whereabouts. Moving to Venice in the 15th century, I resided in my home as a great painter and befriended the mortal Bianca. For the first time, I also met a member of the Talamasca, Raymond Gallant. I questioned Raymond on whether he has knowledge on Pandora's whereabouts, but not much is known.

During my time in Venice, I bought a mortal child, Andrei, whom he names Amadeo (later known as Armand). To me, Amadeo was a wounded boy whose blend of sadness and simplicity was too great to resist. I fell madly in love with him, the love rivaling that of the love I had for Pandora. I reluctantly made Amadeo a vampire when Amadeo was poisoned and nearly died. Amadeo's and my happiness was short-lived when Santino's coven, who believed themselves to be followers of Satan, capture Amadeo and set me and my home aflame, punishing me for living among mortals. I was badly injured to the point of near death and turned to Bianca for help.  With Bianca's blessing, I made her a vampire. We managed to escape to my secret shrine of Those Who Must Be Kept in the mountains of northern Italy where I spent centuries drinking from Akasha to restore my physical-self.

During Bianca's and my time together, I saw Amadeo, who has since been renamed by Santino's coven as Armand, but found him much changed. Armand is now the leader of a Parisian coven and is no longer the innocent as when I last saw him.

Bianca and I  moved the shrine of Akasha and Enkil to Dresden. Unknown to Bianca, my true purpose for moving to Dresden was I had heard rumors of a woman who he believed to be Pandora to be there. In the late 1600s, I found that it is indeed Pandora in the company of her fledgling, Arjun. Our meeting revitalized the love I had for Pandora. I urgently requested that Pandora leave with me and to rid herself of Arjun as I was also willing to leave my companion Bianca, but Pandora adamantly refused. Bianca overheared this and is distraught by how I was willing to leave her. In response, Bianca left me, I was left completely alone. Years later, I came across a letter from Pandora left for me, telling me that despite her protests, she secretly wanted to leave Arjun and be with me again. In her letter she set a time and location for us to meet and run away together soon after our last encounter. However, by then, it is well past the time she scheduled for us to meet.

Traveling the world, I heard the calling of a young vampire, Lestat De Lioncourt. I revived Lestat from his underground stupor, and took him to my Greek island hideaway. I told Lestat my version of the origins of the vampire race, of Akasha and Enkil, who sit as statues in a shrine on Marius's island. I was later forced to send Lestat away after Lestat boldly drinks from Akasha, stirring emotions from the ancient couple.

I moved Those Who Must Be Kept again, and was not heard of until 1984, when Akasha awakens and buries me in ice beneath my home, but not before I telepathically called out to Lestat, warning him of the danger. I survived Akasha's slaughter of the immortals, and once again came in contact with my beloved Pandora and Armand at Maharet's Sonoma compound as we prepared for our final encounter with Akasha. However, we went our separate ways after Akasha's death and Mekare is proclaimed the new Queen of the Damned.

After the events of Memnoch the Devil, Armand reappears with two young mortals, Sybelle and Benji. Knowing how much Armand loves these mortal children, I  gave them the Dark Gift, much to their delight but doing so brought out Armand's anger.

In Blood and Gold, he tells his life's tale to Maharet's fledgling, Thorne. Thorne finds that I had taken Daniel Molloy under his wing, who has since lost much of his mind. The night after I finished my tale, Thorne destroys Santino in revenge on my behalf, disobeying Maharet's orders, spiting her for leaving him as her companion.

In the book Prince Lestat, I am part of the newly established Vampire governing group along with other ancient ones. Lestat asked me to turn his son Viktor into a vampire, to which I obliged. In Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis I was shown to be a vampire lawmaker and along with Lestat we negotiate with the Replimoids.

If you wish to know more, ask me. Don`t be afraid, I will not bite you.

Last edited by Marius De Romanus on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Marius De Romanus
Marius De Romanus

Back to top Go down

Greetings and Salutations.  Empty Re: Greetings and Salutations.

Post by Yume Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:37 am

Greetings, dear Marius (graceful bow) - it’s so nice to see here one of the really oldest vampires on the planet! Thank you for interesting and detailed introduction. I always had a lot of questions to you but right now can’t remember most part of them, just a simplest thing like: which country and city (during your so long and filled with so many events life) you loved the most?... And where do you live now?
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Harper Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Greetings from Montana, the land of the four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, Road Construction Very Happy
Nice to see you around, Marius!
Ali Harper
Ali Harper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum