Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody still around???

2 posters

Go down

Anybody still around??? Empty Anybody still around???

Post by Ali Harper Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:04 pm

I haven't logged on this site in a damn long time.

But since I'm here, I might as well put something on here.

Life's been alright for me, I suppose. Kind of ran into a bit of a speedbump because I "lost" my job in September of last year.

I use quotations because I didn't really LOSE my job, it was just kind of put on hiatus because my old boss fucked off somewhere else and left us high and dry. We were basically working for free because the current owner of the store wasn't paying us. How he got himself so fucked financially is still a mystery to me, but the whole situation was sketch as fuck.

We weren't getting paid, we were SO fucking understaffed because people either weren't showing up for work at all or they were calling in sick, leaving ME to be perpetually on-call. I was USUALLY supposed to home for a 1-2 hour break or something to rest my feet and fuel up again before diving back in for another shift but they had me there working my ass off ALL day. Cooking, taking orders, doing dishes, restocking everything, just trying to keep the place held together. It was bonkers.

My poor feet took an ass-kicking.

Since I live literally down the street from my work, me going home for these long(ish) breaks wasn't such a big deal because they know if things get crazy, I can be down there in a flash to help pull the weight if we've got a full house.

As it stands right now, I should be back to work around the 15th of June, working under MUCH better management and this time, I know for a fact that things will be much better.

In the meantime, I've mostly been studying more code and design stuff. It's a hobby and I've had the spare time to do it because of all the COVID19 stuff. I was supposed to be working again in early March but my new bosses (the OG owners of my workplace) live in Canada and they got into a wreck on their way down here. Car was totaled. My boss hurt his shoulder, his wife hurt her ribs. They had to go back and take time to recover and then the borders closed. It's been mental, but they're better now and we're all excited to get the ball rolling, again.

I'm just itching to get back to work. I get stir-crazy if I don't have SOMETHING to do. I had one job offer while this was all going down but it would have required me to move from my current apartment to live in basically a hotel room and I have two cats. So yeah.... that wasn't going to work. Funny thing is, the hotel in question is LITERALLY across the street from me. They wanted someone to live in that little apartment there and work the desk for all the tenants, let people in if they lost their key, take reservations, blah blah blah. As nice as the job sounded, it just wasn't going to work for me.

My apartment ain't fancy by any means. It's basically ANCIENT, but it's objectively better than the one they wanted me to move into sooooo I was like 'thanks but no thanks'.

I hope everybody here has been well and hope you're all staying safe, if you're anywhere near all the rioting and chaos.
I haven't had any of that where I live, but that's the benefit of living in podunk middle-of-nowhere's asscrack Montana.
Ali Harper
Ali Harper

Back to top Go down

Anybody still around??? Empty Re: Anybody still around???

Post by Yume Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 pm

I feel you - with your previous bosses you had to experience real slavery (I know how it happens and how exhausted you feel after such long working day...((( I’m glad that finally you managed to return to your work with better conditions (and with excellent tips!!))) May be later (when all this Covid-19 stuff will calm down) you’ll find smth even better in the domain of coding/design Smile
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum