Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE.

2 posters

Go down

Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE. Empty Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE.

Post by Ali Harper Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Today seemed like a GREAT day to go to the grocery store, buy a box of french vanilla cake mix, a bottle of root beer, and some cream cheese frosting.

I saw this post on Facebook a few days ago on making cake using a box of cake mix and a 12 ounce can of soda. So of course, I had to try this out. Because science... and I like being a daredevil in the kitchen.

These could easily be the worst cupcakes in the history of bad cupcakes but... the batter tasted pretty good so I'm doing it anyway.

Update: I finished baking the cupcakes and frosted one of them to see how it turned out. It's pretty awesome. Definitely try this recipe. I think next time I'll make this recipe but use white cake mix and 12 oz of Monster energy drink.. and top it off with bright green frosting. MONSTER CUPCAKES.

Also... another interesting two-ingredient cake recipe I like is 1 can of pumpkin puree and a box of spice cake mix. The batter is VERY thick and sort of hard to stir up and spread out in the pan, but the cake is very moist and it goes great with cream cheese frosting. I usually put the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and I leave them in there for about 16 minutes or so and it comes out great. Make sure you oil your pan and get the inside coated with a bit of flour, though. The flour makes it easier to lift the cake out of the pan.

Anyway... when I do that Monster cupcakes idea, I'll let you know how that turns out.
Ali Harper
Ali Harper

Back to top Go down

Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE. Empty Re: Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE.

Post by MissBijou Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54 am

Haha! I love that you enjoy being a daredevil. I've done this with cherry coke and chocolate cake mix.

I am obsessed with energy drinks. (I have a thing about redbull and bubblegum flavoring). Do tell me how the monster cupcakes turn out if you DO do them. Better yet, take pictures.

Hmm, that pumpkin cake sounds good.

MissBijou
MissBijou
Respected Member
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE. Empty Re: Root Beer Cupcakes... because SCIENCE.

Post by Ali Harper Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

I definitely will! <3
Ali Harper
Ali Harper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum