Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.

2 posters

Go down

The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.  Empty The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.

Post by Lestat Thu May 17, 2018 2:26 am

Bryan Fuller... Can’t Keep a Job?!

The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.  Bryan-10

Bryan Fuller, wyd? Everybody loves Bryan Fuller, but the man apparently can’t hold down a job. Fuller has just jumped ship on yet another show: The Vampire Chronicles TV series.

Bryan Fuller officially joined the Vampire Chronicles TV series back in January, but his time with the show was very short-lived. A source has confirmed Fuller lasted only a month with The Vampire Chronicles, and parted ways with the series in February. At this point, we really shouldn’t be surprised. Fuller has made something of a habit of departing projects.

In the last year or so, Fuller has left Star Trek: Discovery, American Gods and Apple’s upcoming reboot of Amazing Stories. Why, exactly, does this keep happening? Fuller is an incredible artist, and the shows he has gotten off the ground – Pushing Daises, Hannibal, the first season of American Gods, and so on – have all turned out wonderfully. Yet Fuller appears to be someone who doesn’t want to compromise his vision. On one hand, that’s something worth celebrating – Fuller takes his work seriously. On another hand, it’s a bit frustrating, because I want Fuller to be involved with all these shows.

The Vampire Chronicles in particular felt like a perfect match for Fuller. His Hannibal series felt like as much an adaptation of Anne Rice‘s Vampire Chronicles as it did Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter books. Fuller’s take on the relationship between lead characters Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham seemed to be directly inspired by the relationship between Vampire Chronicles characters ~ Louis and myself.

The Vampire Chronicles TV series is still happening, though. Author Anne Rice’s son Christopher Rice is serving as executive producer, and recently tweeted out this image of the title page of the pilot episode.
Lestat
Lestat

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.  Empty Re: The Vampire Chronicles’ Loses Bryan Fuller.

Post by Yume Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Ah, he already left this project...?! I’m slightly shocked - I don`t know who’s he exactly, just found that he was a die-hard fan of Anne Rice since his teens... He even left her long messages with his thoughts about Vampire Chronicles, and then he was invited to the upcoming show he seemed to be happy to work with Anne and Christopher... Really strange that he decided to leave this project.... >.<
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down