Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV and movie reboot?!

2 posters

Go down

TV and movie reboot?! Empty TV and movie reboot?!

Post by Chelsea Thu May 24, 2018 3:19 am

Maybe I am confused, but are there two separate projects - a television series of the entire VC, and a reboot of the movie IWTV? And isn’t Jared Leto being considered to play the Brat Prince in the movie reboot?

Chelsea

Back to top Go down

TV and movie reboot?! Empty Re: TV and movie reboot?!

Post by Yume Thu May 24, 2018 4:03 pm

As far as I know firstly they planned movies adaptations for the next Anne’s books after IWTV (Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned etc.) - one movie per each book. They even sold the rights to one of the biggest Hollywood companies but something went wrong and the rights had returned to Anne again... So the next her decision was to transform the whole plot of the Vampire Chronicles into the TV series (she wanted something epic like “Game of Thrones”), and so they started to search other companies for that... So now the rights were resold to another two companies who should make the TV series, and Anne with her son Christopher are working on the scenario of the 1st season.
About reboot of the IWTV me personally I heard nothing. As far as Anne wrote on her Fb page she planned to start her TV series right from the beginning of the Vampire Lestat and do not return back to the IWTV as she loved that movie and at her opinion it was very well made and doesn’t really need any reboot (on the contrary to the movie The Queen of the Damned which she completely hates as according to her it has almost nothing in common with her books)... so may be it’s the one of reasons why she plans to make TV series starting from the Vampire Lestat and so on in order to present her story in the correct way...
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea Thu May 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks so much! QOTD was pretty bad by any standards. I tried to enjoy it just as a random vampire movie and even that did not work

Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down