Lestat De Lioncourt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner date

2 posters

Go down

Dinner date Empty Dinner date

Post by Chelsea Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 pm

If you could go out to dinner with anyone from history, who would it be? And why?

Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Dinner date Empty Re: Dinner date

Post by Yume Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:08 am

Do you mean real persons or fictional characters? I f real ones - I’d go out with Oscar Wilde, because I’d like to discuss with him so many things... and to criticize his point of view on some subjects (yes, I suppose I’d dare to do that, even should do that if we could be born at the same time...)))
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Now you have me intrigued! What points of view would you call him out on?

My choice would be French poet, Charles Baudelaire. I just want to explore hiis mind, and discover the inspiration for his words.

Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Smile Honestly there are a lot of things I’d like to discuss with him - in some things we are really close, I’d even tell “on the same wave length”, but at the same time in other things we have absolutely opposite opinions...
I never really liked his obsession by material pleasures - wealth, malignant desire of physical beauty/perfection (till the craziest degree as to “sell a soul” like his Dorian Gray actually did), even his adoration of good food and wine...>.< You know - I’m quite an ascet and prefer simplicity in all... All this modern obsession by fashionable clothes/expensive cars/posession of beautiful mansions or even castles - all this is just nothing, just a dust... “All we made of stardust” and all our material world will return to that state sooner or later... It seems to me that he never truly realized the emptiness of matter so i suppose it was one of the sources of his constant frustration by this life (by his family/wife, by his relationships with his numerous boyfriends including the favorite one Bosy, just by all things....((( It was always shocking for me how could he be so intelligent and at the same time had such huge lack of spirituality which might lead him from the dark depth of his mind to the light of true knowledge and comprehension of the matter of things... I didn’t like his too negative way of seeing even the nature (like his fairytales - Nightingale and rise for ex.), this constant deception and despair... As if he never realized that our material world is not the one and only source of happiness...
If speak about someone else with whom I’d like to have a dinner together, i suppose it could be also Mary Shelley... Just like you with Charles Baudelaire, I’d like to explore her mind, to know how and why she had seen things as she did... I’m extremely curious about her possible spiritual experience (if she ever had such one...)
Yume
Yume

https://lestat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum